There are many ways you can help us with our fundraising:
- Join Gilbert’s Potoroo Action Group! It is only $22 per year and the membership fees are essential to help us cover our operating expenses and meet our obligations as a not-for-profit community group so we can continue to do what we do to help Gilbert’s Potoroo.
- Donate the refunds on your drink container recycling to GPAG. If you are keen to help in this way, you can donate your refund by entering the GPAG Member number C10289767 when returning your empties. Information on drop-off point locations and on what types of containers are accepted for refunds can be found at https://www.containersforchange.com.au/wa.
- Make a donation directly to GPAG via the Donate Now button which can be found at the top right of all pages on this website. Regular annual or monthly donations are especially welcome to help us plan our activities but any donation of any amount, however small, is much appreciated.
- Purchase our merchandise. Available merchandise and an order form can be found in the back of each newsletter. Please ensure you check the most recent newsletter as that will have the most up-to-date list of available merchandise ie some items in earlier newsletters were donated and have all been sold so are no longer available.
- Attend one of our fundraising events such as 2019’s Trivia and Truffles Quiz night in Perth. These will be advertised on social media and on this website.
Note: Due to coronavirus related restrictions on gatherings of people we do not have any fundraising events involving groups of people planned in the immediate future.
- Undertake a challenge through the Edge Pledge challenge based fundraiser. Make sure you choose Gilbert’s Potoroo as your animal to support! If you sign up for Edge Pledge challenges don’t forget to tell us what you are doing on social media or via email on email@example.com so we can promote your challenge and help you raise money. Edge Pledge challenges are a good opportunity to raise money in these difficult coronavirus times as you can choose challenges that you can do at home, even if you are self-isolating.
- Run your own event or fundraiser and donate the proceeds to Gilbert’s Potoroo Action Group either via our website Donate Now button or directly as an electronic funds transfer. Bank details for donations can be found in the back of the most recent newsletter. In the last few years we have had several groups of school kids raise money with cake stalls, shoe shining and other ideas, a GPAG member participate in the Rottnest Channel Swim and raise money for GPAG through the Rottnest Swim fundraising page, and Albany Orthodontics conduct a fundraiser where patients chose which of three charities they wanted the practice to donate to that quarter with the amount given to each charity determined by the number of votes for that charity from participating patients. What creative ideas can you come up with?
We are also always looking for opportunities to form partnerships with businesses and other organisations to help with our fundraising and awareness raising activities. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any ideas you would like to discuss. Thank you for whatever support you can give us to help us help Gilbert’s Potoroo!