There are many ways you can help us with our fundraising:
- Join Gilbert’s Potoroo Action Group! It is only $22 per year and the membership fees are essential to help us cover our operating expenses and meet our obligations as a not-for-profit community group so we can continue to do what we do to help Gilbert’s Potoroo.
- Donate the refunds on your drink container recycling to GPAG. If you are keen to help in this way, you can donate your refund by entering the GPAG Member number C10289767 when returning your empties. Information on drop-off point locations and on what types of containers are accepted for refunds can be found at https://www.containersforchange.com.au/wa.
- Make a donation directly to GPAG via the Donate Now button which can be found at the top right of all pages on this website. Regular annual or monthly donations are especially welcome to help us plan our activities but any donation of any amount, however small, is much appreciated.
- Purchase our merchandise. Available merchandise and an order form can be found in the back of each newsletter. Please ensure you check the most recent newsletter as that will have the most up-to-date list of available merchandise ie some items in earlier newsletters were donated and have all been sold so are no longer available.
- Attend one of our fundraising events such as 2019’s Trivia and Truffles Quiz night in Perth. These will be advertised on social media and on this website.
- Run your own event or fundraiser and donate the proceeds to Gilbert’s Potoroo Action Group either through a fundraising platform such as MyCause, Grassrootz etc, via our website Donate Now button or directly as an electronic funds transfer. Bank details for donations can be found in the back of the most recent newsletter.
In the last few years we have had
- several groups of school kids raise money with cake stalls, shoe shining and other ideas;
- a GPAG member participate in the Rottnest Channel Swim and raise money for GPAG through the Rottnest Swim fundraising page;
- Albany Orthodontics conduct a fundraiser where patients chose which of three charities they wanted the practice to donate to that quarter with the amount given to each charity determined by the number of votes for that charity from participating patients; and
- a supporter cut off her very long hair and have a #6 shave of her head to raise funds for Gilbert's Potoroo (and her hair was donated for wigs for those in need).
What creative ideas can you come up with???
We are also always looking for opportunities to form partnerships with businesses and other organisations to help with our fundraising and awareness raising activities. Please contact us on email@example.com if you have any ideas you would like to discuss. Thank you for whatever support you can give us to help us help Gilbert’s Potoroo!